with Allison K. Summers
There’s a wealth of information in this episode for start-up entrepreneurs building consumer brands, and those who value using automation and quantitative analysis in marketing tools. David Fink gives insights to both worlds, first from being a founding partner at Science Inc. and working with over 75 consumer internet companies, including the Dollar Shave Club, Jessica Simpson and other top brands.
Today he is CEO and Co-Founder of Postie, where his team uses direct mail to transform brands including Lyft, Casper, Warby Parker and more.
The conversation starts with David giving a great perspective in explaining the difference between a new business being opportunistic versus a disruptor or problem solver, and which has a better chance of succeeding.
We also cover other topics, including:
· The elements that predict a successful startup: Solution, TAMS (Total Addressable Market Size) Clear business model, Team players.
· The rise of social media as a transformative place and the Dollar Shave Club example.
· Postie delivers direct mail solutions for data conscious digital marketers.
· Marketers need to control engaging brand storytelling in impactful ways.
· Brands are investing in budgets to use storytelling on social channels.
· Platforms like Tech Crunch keeps his thinking sharp. So does his library of 2-thousand books!
Enjoy the show!
Connect with David:
Connect with Allison:
#tech #SAAS # business #designthinking #AI #creativesociety #teambuilding #CEO #startup #startupstory #founder #futureofwork
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices