with Allison K. Summers
Thejo Kote was a co-founder of Automatic, which was sold to Sirius XM for $110 million. Although Thejo was a success, he experienced a lot of painful lessons about running a company and knew he wanted to do it better next time. The most inefficient area he saw was non-payroll spend and that no one had designed a fully articulated, consolidated software solution to fix this broken process. That gave Thejo the idea to start Airbase.
Today, Airbase is the leading spend management platform for small and midsize companies. It combines comprehensive accounts payable, an advanced corporate card program, and employee expense reimbursements into one system. Airbase automates accounting and operational workflows for a faster close, real-time reporting, and a consistent platform experience for all non-payroll spend. So far, the company has raised $30.8 million in venture funding.
Highlights from our conversation include:
· Team collaboration over nine countries and 100 individuals.
· The reason behind having a free tiered version for smaller companies.
· Favorite tools for working remotely, Slack, Notion and Asana.
· Insights on venture funding.
· Asking people in your network to open doors for your business.
· The value of case studies to sell your brand.
Enjoy the show!
Connect with Thejo:
Connect with Allison:
#tech #SAAS # business #designthinking #AI #creativesociety #teambuilding #CEO #startup #startupstory #founder #futureofwork
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices