with Allison K. Summers
Brett Harris Wigdortz, OBE is the co-founder and CEO of Tiney, a UK digital B-Corp focused on reimagining at-home childcare and unlocking the potential of all children. Previously, Brett founded and is the Honorary President of Teach First, an educational charity working to break the link between low family income and poor educational attainment in England and Wales. He was CEO of Teach First from its launch in 2002 until October 2017. He is originally from Ocean Township, New Jersey and is a dual US/UK citizen.
Brett has the philosophy that a good business story is written by having good people around you, and he shares that in our conversation. Other highlights include:
· The vision for Tiney, a B-Corp, and creating a new model for finding quality pre-school teachers to be trained, registered and licensed.
· The due diligence to find the right co-founders and interviewing 40 plus candidates to find the right CTO.
· Tiney is also a Fin Tech company running invoicing and banking through the app.
· Startup support from the UK government and business.
· The prior experience of founding Teach First.
Enjoy the show!
Connect with Brett:
Connect with Allison:
#tech #SAAS # business #designthinking #AI #creativesociety #teambuilding #CEO #startup #startupstory #founder #futureofwork
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices