with Allison K. Summers
Elnaz Sarraf, CEO and founder of the award-winner Roybi Robot, has an incredible story, not only for her drive as an entrepreneur, but as an immigrant from Iran to the U.S. who had the tenacity to achieve success.
Roybi Robot is the world’s first AI powered smart toys to teach children language and STEM skills. It’s listed as one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions in Education, on the 2019 CNBC Upstart 100 list as one of the world’s most promising startups, and on Fast Company’s 2019 World-Changing Ideas.
Elnaz is a Board Member at the Consumer Technology Association, Small Business Council, and a member of the Forbes Technology Council.
In our conversation, we discussed:
· The story of her first company, iBaby Labs, featured in 10,000 store fronts.
· Leaving to devote her attention to Edu-tech and providing active learning experiences for children.
· Attracting investors with only a prototype.
· The perseverance of pitching to 2,000 investors to become funded.
· Usability and user experience in children’s product development.
· How she drives success with a lean team of 20 people across multiple countries.
Enjoy the show!
Connect with Elnaz:
Connect with Allison:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices