Simply put, Aric Dromi fascinates us. A self-proclaimed futurologist, innovation strategist, philosopher and professional trouble maker, we caught up with Aric to discuss his new book The Intellectual Rageand his views and work in the area of innovation and disruption.
On the day we caught up with Aric he was in Sweden and energized with insights and ideas. In our conversation he touched on:
- The excitement he holds in helping companies see the forces that can help shape their future and view into what could happen and the great potential of would could be.
- That most businesses need to hone a culture of innovation but they settle for modification and simple change.
- The true purpose of leadership is not commanding but building a vision that others will follow. Great leaders are driven by curiosity and the passion of discovery and are intellectually hungry.
- That you need to recognize that if you are the smartest person in the room then you are in the wrong room.
- How most consulting has brilliantly failed businesses. That having the same advisors is not diverse enough in thinking and what he has built his practice to offer a revolving table of knights to shake up innovative insights for clients.
- That human must rethink their relationship with technology. The axe was created to expand human potential, that's how we should look at tech and the rapid advancement of tech. Often, companies look at tech as a quick shallow solution.
- A great advisor will help a company ideate, calibrate and educate.
Aric Dromi is a highly respected keynote speaker, futurologist and innovation strategist. Aric spent years helping executives and decision-makers to refine their offer and understand the potential impacts that lie along the road ahead.
His focus areas include: Automation and fast-tracking, Privacy, integrity, surveillance and legislation, Social trends and economic models, Transformation, smarter innovation and monetization structures, Mobility, logistics, energy, communication and smarted data, The reciprocal relationships between policy, society and technology, The future of cities and urban structures, The next frontier of Intelligence amplification in the era of VR, AR and AI.
Aric's book The Intellectual Rage: The underground, unfiltered guide to corporate innovation & bullshit can be found on Amazon under the pseudonym D.B Solomon.
Connect with Aric:
Connect with Allison:
#futurist #CEO #startup #startupstory #founder #founderstory #business #businesspodcast #podcast
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices