Chris Colbert, CEO and Founder of DCP Entertainment, New York, NY
Disruptive CEO Nation Podcast with Allison K. Summers
Episode 166 Chris Colbert, CEO and Founder of DCP Entertainment, New York, NY
Christopher Colbert is the CEO and Founder of DCP Entertainment, a media platform for underrepresented voices, including people of color, women, the LGBTQ+ community, and other overlooked communities. DCP provides branded content services and hosts a network for podcast creators.
Speaking to us from his studio in Times Square, Chris explains:
- Having the confidence to start his own business after years of successfully building brands for others.
- The importance of providing a platform and vehicles for underrepresented voices to have a space to build authority and grow.
- The future of content creation and how brands need to rise above self-interest and noise to achieve meaningful engagement.
- Tips for success in the age of on-demand ecosystems.
- Common challenges facing entrepreneurs from decision fatigue to the stress of caring for people.
Chris began his career at SiriusXM helping create Jamie Foxx’s comedy & music channel, The Foxxhole, before going on to create two new comedy channels and becoming the Director of Urban Talk & Comedy. Just before starting DCP, Chris served as the VP of Programming for the podcast company, Cadence13. Chris is an award-winning documentary host, producer, and writer of the podcast series, Say Their Name, and his passion for conversations surrounding mental health have led him to create the fireside series, Entrepreneur Struggle, where Chris talks about the various mental and emotional challenges that particularly impact business owners and executives.
Be sure to check out Christopher’s links listed below. Enjoy the show!
Connect with Chris:
YouTube: DCP Entertainment
Connect with Allison:
#CEO #startup #startupstory #founder #founderstory #business #tech #AI #businesspodcast #podcast
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices