with Allison K. Summers
At the start of the pandemic, everyone started thinking of the best ways to clean and disinfect our environments. Those harsh chemicals and cleaning products aren’t healthy for the professional cleaners that use them, don’t reach all the places that need to be cleaned, or consider the effects on the environment.
Using his background in mechanical engineering, Grant Morgan developed a portable and financially enticing product for disinfecting hospital areas. Within six months, Grant and his co-founder developed and booked over $5 million in sales, raised $15 million in capital and started a company, R-Zero.
The company’s lead product, Arc, is a Hospital-grade UV-C power device, proven to destroy surface and airborne pathogens in a thousand square foot room in just seven minutes. The UV-C disinfection unit can destroy over 99.99% of pathogens to make commercial space as safe as possible for employees and customers. It incorporates IOT connectivity and data science to automate workflows.
R-Zero is a biosafety company with the mission of developing technologies and products to reduce deadly pathogens such as the Coronavirus, Influenza, norovirus, E. coli, common cold, and other common infectious diseases.
And that’s just the start of Grant’s story. In this episode, Grant shares this rare pandemic success story including:
· Innovation and speed to market comes from asking the right questions.
· Making a product financially feasible to other businesses using a hardware as a service model – meaning equipment rental verses ownership.
· Moving from a $1.6 million seed round of funding to $15 million in investors.
· The benefits of data intelligence being incorporated within the product and accessing data in real time.
· Future company growth beyond the Coronavirus pandemic.
Enjoy the show!
Connect with Grant:
Connect with Allison:
#tech #SAAS # business #designthinking #AI #creativesociety #teambuilding #CEO #startup #startupstory #founder #futureofwork
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices