Evolving weather patterns are dramatically impacting our lives and businesses. To address this, we need insightful, forward looking leaders who can guide us safely forward. Well, Dena Prastos and the team at Indigo River are up for this challenge.
Indigo River is a woman-owned, trans-transdisciplinary design firm focusing on progressive waterfront architecture built for resiliency and climate adaptation. The waterfront inherently is one of our most vulnerable zones subject to sea level rise, as well as floods and inundation but that should not be a barrier to proper utilization.
In this episode we discuss:
· How typical upland design and construction differs from considerations for structures located on or near the waterfront.
· Dena's perspectives about being faced with inconvenient truths, climate change, hyper-urbanization, rising economy, and social challenges.
· The types of projects Indigo River works on ranging from marinas, ports, and maritime infrastructure to waterfront parks and recreational access areas.
· Dena’s mission to build a transdisciplinary team comprised of traditionally trained architects, naval architects, environmental planners, marine engineers, coastal engineers, etc.
· Insights into the company's growth and Dena’s leadership vision.
As Founder and CEO of Indigo River, Dena Prastos, AIA, is the first "waterfront architect," trailblazing a new category in the industry. Indigo River is a leading authority in the New York Harbor and beyond. The firm specializes in climate adaptation through waterfront solutions that seamlessly transcend boundaries - guiding and executing projects from ideation through final construction and operations.
Waterfront architect, civil engineer, futurist, climate adaptation expert, entrepreneur, and creative original, Dena is driven to transform the built world at the water's edge. With transdisciplinary and progressive views, she is fueled by the overlapping of design, technology, and nature.
Connect with Dena:
Connect with Allison:
#CEO #archetecture #climatechange #climateadaptation #startup #startupstory #founder #founderstory #business #businesspodcast #podcast
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices