with Allison K. Summers
Marina Tran-Vu is an environmental super hero based in Viet Nam. She is the founder of EQUO, a company that creates better solutions for plastic and paper products. Marina has an incredible story of being a female founder, a Viet Nam TechStars and Shark Tank contestant, and a marketing expert who understands what it takes to innovate and bring eco-friendly products to market.
For over 10 years, Marina worked in brand management, including Unilever, Bacardi, LG Electronics and Spin Master. She is a recipient of the SME100 Fast Moving Companies Award, featured on FORBES, admitted as the first Vietnam-based company backed by TechStars, named to Vegpreneur’s 25 Vegan Companies You Need to Know, and is one of Flik’s 21 Women Entrepreneurs to watch in 2021.
Our conversation covers a range of topics from Marina’s initial product idea to global execution, including:
· The path to innovation, starting EQUO, and manufacturing opportunities in Viet Nam.
· The Viet Nam TechStars and Shark Tank experiences.
· Branding sustainable, eco-friendly products to be fun and attractive.
· The responsibility of being a sole female founder and encouraging investors to support women.
· Working in both the B2B and consumer markets.
· Using experts in a variety of distribution channels to scale responsibly.
Enjoy the show!
Connect with Marina:
Connect with Allison:
#tech #SAAS # business #designthinking #AI #creativesociety #teambuilding #CEO #startup #startupstory #founder #futureofwork
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices