with Allison K. Summers
For this episode we head to Singapore to speak with Yeoh Siew Hoon, a remarkable businesswoman, friend of young entrepreneurs, and the founder of Web in Travel (WiT). WiT launched in 2005 and was acquired by Northstar Travel Media in 2104. Siew Hoon continues to lead the platform, having extended editions across the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Europe.
Siew Hoon started the company based on her interest on how technology was changing the way people book and plan their travel but over the years expanded the focus and the product lines while staying true to the company’s brand message - Our purpose is to take your mind to new places, so that together we can accelerate travel innovation.
In our conversation, Siew Hoon shares her story of how she built her company and provides insights on the Asian entrepreneur community. We discuss:
· Building a community around travel technology and trends.
· Telling your company’s story and repurposing content across media platforms.
· Supporting Asian entrepreneurs with the WiT Startup competition.
· Supporting startups by matching investors, sharing expertise and building relationships.
· Cultural aspects of entrepreneurs in Asia compared to places like the U.S.
Siew Hoon believes everyone should express his or her creativity. She expresses hers by writing books, including Around Asia In One Hour: Tales of Condoms, Chilies & Curries, and her children’s books, Adventures of Habibie The Turtle, and The Story of Baitong and Boon.
You can learn more about travel in her podcast, A Life In Travel.
Enjoy the show!
Connect with Yeoh Siew Hoon:
Connect with Allison:
#CEO #founder #travel #traveltech #travelasia #Singapore #businessasia #travelpodcast
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices